Happy New Year 2019! Did you have too much fun over the holidays? Want something to just help boost your immune system and cleanse you a bit? Make yourself some Wellness Shots (and possibly not eat or drink that much)! They are less expensive to make and simple if you have a good blender. I can usually get 20 to 24 done with the ingredients I purchase for them (in two batches, the ingredients keep).
- Increases the antioxidant capacity of your body
- Gives your brain a boost
- Can help you against depression
- Boosts Immunity
- Can balance hormone levels
- Helps the liver do its job to detox/cleanse your system
- It can also help manage pain
- Helps with nausea (seriously helps me, I have ginger any time I am feeling nauseous)
- Helps aid digestion
- Can also help reduce muscle pain and soreness
- Can help with reducing menstrual pain
- Can help fight infections
Wellness shots may be a fad, but I absolutely love making them at home.
Keek’s Wellness Shots
One recipe makes around 10 2oz little shot glasses as pictured below
- 1 lemon – juice
- 2 tbsp turmeric pwdr or 1inch knob of turmeric root
- 1-2 inch of fresh ginger root
- 1-2tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 cup coconut water
- 1/4tsp of pepper (helps the body absorb curcumin from the turmeric) and salt
- Place lemon juice, turmeric root (or powder if using), ginger root, honey, cayenne pepper (use less if you don’t like spicy), coconut water, pepper and salt into a trusty blender.
- Blend until smooth
I generally leave the sediment and just shake my little jars before taking my wellness shot in the mornings. I make sure to take it with food in my stomach, the protein helps the body absorbs the ingredients from the shot more efficiently.
Hopefully you find the recipe helpful and can make your own!