Give me strong flavors whether they be spicy, tangy, sweet, tart, powerful, what have you, I like to try food of all sorts. That goes for breakfast too!
I have enjoyed a delicious Golden Milk Latte from time to time when we visit a coffee shop to trying curry ice cream at a local creamery (dairy-free of course).
In past years, I have had Golden Milk Overnight Oats, but I have not had them in a long while. I was craving turmeric these past couple of months at any meal I can, so I am trying to add it to any meal I can currently.
Overnight oats are a super simple and quick to make the night before you need them. I have also prepped them two days at a time for my breakfasts.
Here I will share the basic recipe then tell you some taste variations I enjoy.
BASIC OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPE:
- 1/3 cup of rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 ounce of dried blueberries, dates, or other dried fruit of your preference
- 2/3 cup nondairy milk (I use almond milk or a plant based protein milk)
I mix the dry ingredients together in my jar before adding the fluids. This helps with dispersing the seeds around, that way they don’t clump on the bottom or in one part of your oats!
Now for some fun variations!
- Fresh fruit – add fresh, seasonal fruit in place of the dried fruits. I definitely add more than an ounce of fresh fruit when I make this swap
- Peanut Butter Jelly!
- Add 2 tbsp of powdered peanut butter. Powdered keeps the calories/fat down so I do prefer powdered. I can have 2 tbsp for 45-50 calories instead of 200 calories
- Add a tbsp of jelly, or fruit of choice!
- Apple Cinnamon
- Dice up half of an apple to bite sized pieces and add it to your oats
- Add 1 tsp cinnamon
- Coconut Cream Pie
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2tbsp of shredded coconut
- small amounts of candied ginger pieces
GOLDEN MILK OVERNIGHT OATS!
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/2 – 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardomom
- bit of cracked pepper
- small sprinkle of salt
Ok, also, you can change any of the seasonings to your preference. I like strong flavors so I tend to go a bit strong on the seasonings.
Hope you find the recipes helpful. Overnight oats is so basic for me, but I never thought to share it with my blog. I hope you find it helpful and can use it.
As always, if you have questions feel free to leave a comment.
Till next time,