I wanted something warming, health, filling, and delicious. There is also a plethora of sweet potatoes and carrots in my home. I also wanted something versatile and healthy, two things I think that are highly important to me.
Now some spices added:
All cooked and blended. Once the blending was done I added 2 cups of frozen peas.
Alright here is my method.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 white onion
- 8 carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5c of vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp curry powder – or to taste
- 1/2 tsp of celery salt (mainly because I didn’t have celery at home)
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Chop up sweet potato, onion, carrots and place in crock pot
- Put the garlic cloves, vegetable broth, curry powder, celery salt and black pepper in crock pot
- Put crock pot on low for the next 7 hours
- Once cooked in the crock pot, use an immersion blender to blend all the veggies up. If you do not have an immersion blender but do have another blender on hand, you can of course use that! Just be careful when added in the hot soup and blending. DO NOT fill your blender up more then 2/3 of the way – this will prevent hot liquid from spilling. Also, watch the blender that way no lids go flying off and whatnot. BE SAFE and use common sense.
- serve with roast chick peas
- Serve with crispy chicken
- coconut milk drizzle
- sour cream
- Pita bread
I crisped up some of the roast chicken that I cooked over the weekend, added some parsley, and then drizzled coconut milk.
This was one of those dishes that also worked out well as lunches throughout the week! It was very filling and easy to add some filler to it. I did like adding roasted chickpeas on top, it gave some crunch and if you roast them with curry they are a blast of flavor!